Reminder: Click here for the course materials.
And now it’s your turn! We discussed the balanced scorecard and statistical analysis in depth yesterday. You are now empowered to apply it to your entrepreneurial business concept.
As you know, we do not meet in person next week. So let’s discuss our online plans for the next two weeks:
1. Please open a free Gmail account. If you already have one and do not wish to use it for our upcoming online discussion, you are welcome to open a second account.
2. No later than Friday, September 14th, please send me your Gmail address. I will respond with an invitation to access a folder that you will use to organize your project. As we discussed in class, if you strongly prefer a different document management system, please let me know.
3. Using the traditional balanced scorecard framework (while feeling free to modify the framework if necessary), please develop a conceptual model in the manner that we discussed in class. One or two sentences for each component would be helpful. Some sense of causality (i.e. cause and effect) between the components would also be helpful.
4. Using the statistical survey question format that we discussed in class, please develop a set of X and Y questions that can demonstrate the validity – and thus the potential value – of your entrepreneurial concept. You do not need to collect data yet; solely focus on the questions for this week’s activity.
5. Review the components of the Integrated Reporting “Octopus” framework. Make brief notations to identify the components that will be defined by your balanced scorecard and statistical survey work.
6. A strict interpretation of the guidelines of our program would necessitate your submission of this work by Saturday, September 15th at 9:00 am. However, as long as I receive your Gmail address by that time, you are welcome to upload your work to your folder by Thursday, September 20th at 9:00 am.
If you have any questions, please let me know! I look forward to watching your project take shape in your folder.